International Conference on Rare Diseases and Orphan Drugs
ICORD is an International Society for all individuals actively involved in rare diseases and/or orphan drugs, including health care, research, academic, industry, patient organisations, regulatory authorities, health authorities, and public policy professionals.
Ongoing and recent activities
- The Chinese Organisation for Rare Diseases (CORD) will partner with ICORD to host the 12th Annual ICORD Meeting. It will be held in Beijing 8-10 September 2017. More information is coming soon.
- ICORD was present during the Inauguration of UN’s NGO Committee for Rare Diseases in New York, 11 November 2016. Read a summary of the meeting here.
- The 11th Annual ICORD Meeting in Cape Town, South Africa (19-22 October) was a success! Read more here. ICORD is very pleased to announce the statement of Helen Clark, the Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme, to the ICORD meeting.
- ICORD welcomes its new Board, which was elected during the ICORD General Assembly 20 October. ICORD also expresses its gratitude to the departing Board members for their great contribution and commitment the last two years!
- ICORD and Rare Disease International (RDI) collaborate to streamline efforts and boost progress on rare disease policy worldwide. Read more here.
Future annual ICORD meetings
A commercial organisation, OMICS International, arranges a meeting with a name identical to ICORD, “International conference on Rare Diseases and Orphan Drugs”. Please note that ICORD is not involved in the organisation of this event.